Dec 29, 2006

Technology AH!



I have always said that I don't like technology. I really do like it, and it helps my life in many ways. When I moved here, I decided not to buy a computer and I waited for a few months to get a cell phone. Because of the generosity of my teammates and the school, I have been able to communicate with loved ones and perform all the necessary tasks of a teacher via technology. Well, techology has once again failed me. Mother nature once again triumphs over the futile imaginations of man, the Tower of Babel crumbels and Taiwanese earthquakes shatter the optic cables lining the ocean floor, breaking my fragile illusion that China really isn't that far away from America. Alas, we are a world apart. (But I am thankful for Google, which will soon control the world, because this Blogger works).
Don't worry Mom, I'm okay, everything is the same as it was before. The earthquake (which I believe I felt) affected some of the international internet connections in China, and has put a strain on the rest of the internet...so all that to say, I don't have email or phone... I'm working on exploring alternate means of communication...

2 comments:

ARicks said...

All we have is Blogger, Mik! Hey, I'm glad that's not a picture of your mouth. Your teeth are MUCH more pretty. I'm not sure what your tongue looks like, but I bet it's prettier than this one as well. This Google thing is a conspiracy- really, keep your eyes open. (no pun intended...I crack myself up.)

Anonymous said...

Mikayla-
Thanks for getting in touch! Could we call you on the telephone? If so give us a time and a number thru this blog and we'll do it.
Hopefully things will be up and running before you take off in Jan.
Can you open a gmail account?
Love,
Mom