Oct 19, 2006

Talons and the art of refusal



So...I went to the school cafeteria with some students. It was about time for it to close, so the selection was limited. The only thing I recognized was a dish we call "chainsaw chicken", which is just a bunch of chicken, on the bone, in little pieces.
After checking out the other options I asked for the "chainsaw chicken". I could tell as the chicken was scooped onto my rice that it wasn't going to be that meaty, because all I heard were bones clicking against the sides of the metal bowl. Even more unfortunately, when I looked closer at my food, I saw a chicken foot dangling on the edge of the bowl, in all its phalangeal glory. Gross! I couldn't eat it. I was terrified. So, I just ate around the chicken and talked with the girls. The End.

Just kidding. They realized that I wasn't eating the food, and then made fun of me, and pointed it out to Alli and their other friends. Then they bought me new food. We had a good laugh about it, but I made a mental note to maybe just go for rice or a drink next time, or buy the students dinner on my terms, aka. sans chicken talons.

P.S. I also saw a feather.

No comments: